Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
My Glider Experience
My Glider Experience
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 08 2017
01:58:04 PM
It's been some times since I've visited these forums. My Scarlet is almost a year old now. First off, thanks for the great information that I've found here, it has helped a lot as I'm a first timer.

I have to say that having her around is truely awesome. Every night before my two year old daughter goes to bed she comes in and places a treat in my glider's food dish and blows her a kiss good night, it's so precious. Once my little one is in bed, I open the doors on my glider's habitat and she promplty comes to the front to greet me. Then she joins me for a ride around the house, either on the waistband of my shorts or snuggled down into a pocket, where she then joins my wife and I for some tv time or a movie.

On off nights when I'm playing the game on my PC she has the run of my office, and will typically adventure making sure to climb the shleves and hide in the cloth bins and randomly glide to the back of my chair to sit either on my lap or shoulder. The best part is if I can't see or hear her I can call her name a few times and click my fingers and she will pop out and come scampering over. It's really awesome how she will consistenly stay close by, and if I need to leave the room for a drink or what not she will either glide to my shoulder to come with, or sit and wait patiently on the seat of my chair until I return. It's such a great experience.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 08 2017
03:11:03 PM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
That sounds amazing! I wish I could play on my pc with mine out. Whenever I try they just chill on my keyboard making it impossible to play.

Default, miscellaneous
Aug 08 2017
04:27:18 PM
scoot Joey 30 Posts
That sounds amazing. I want to try to let my two guys explore and hangout in my living room but am worried about them chewing on wires or running off somewhere where I cannot easily get to them such as behind the refrigerator or under the oven. Have you had any experiences with things like these? (I sugar gliders typically don't chew on things but still)

Edited by - scoot on Aug 08 2017 04:28:18 PM
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 08 2017
10:31:35 PM
Alchemistra1n Starting Member Visit Alchemistra1n's Photo Album 6 Posts
OMG yes haha. When we were bonding I took her and a ball pit to the master bathroom after first inspecting it. I figured it was safe since there is a separate door to the toilet and just stuffed a towel under it. I didn't know however that the builders left a little four inch gap on the underside between the cabinetry and the wall until my little girl noticed and jumped in.

At first I panicked thinking she was in the wall until o realized all cabinets don't fit flush. So the steak out began. I ended up camping out with Netflix on my phone a spoon full of yogurt and her sleeping pouch. Since she was not bonded she would crab whenever I put my hand in. For about three hours I waited patiently listening to her scratch around in there.

I finally fell asleep and woke up when I heard her drop out mission impossible style. She moved to the spoon full of yogurt and I slowly moved over and picked her and the spoon up let her finish and put her in her pouch. Finally went to bed at 1 a.m. and haven't taken her back in that bathroom ever since lol.

I think all gliders are different but I just made it a point to spend at least three hours a night with her. The trick for us is lights. I keep one light on in the living room and she just chills and moves around clinging to the inside of my shirt cooing and purring occasionally popping her head out next to my shoulder or waistline to say hi to my wife.
My Glider Experience

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
My Glider Experience