Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question for instant HPW users
Food, Diet
Aug 19 2017
08:52:58 PM
If any of you use instant HPW, what do YOU feed with it?
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2017
02:22:02 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I've used Exotic Nutrition's HPW and am now using Critter Love's HPW. With both diets I feed my glider 1 tablespoon of mixed veggies and 1 tablespoon of assorted fruits daily. Occasionally I'll add a little yogurt, eggs, or boiled chicken for variety; as well as mealworms and other treats.
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2017
11:23:01 AM
Anya Starting Member 9 Posts
Thank you :)
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2017
02:33:12 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
As you know, I am a newbie and am so glad that I found this board. I find myself learning something each time I visit it.

When I first got my gliders, I was feeding them whole foods (blueberries, stick of celery, etc)

My question is this: I grind the fruit/veggies together and then add my HPW broth and blend it in.

Since I have started doing this, I notice that it seems as though the HPW is gone but there are some parts of the fruit or veggie remaining. Is this normal? Should I be concerned?

As always "thanks" for all the help.
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2017
02:56:04 PM
Do you use instant HPW or critter love? I would recommend not blending fruits or veggies unless your gliders will not eat them no matter what. Yes, this is normal also why I would not blend it because they only eat parts of some food, so by blending it you're forcing them to eat what they normally wouldn't which could cause issues. Hope this makes since.
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2017
05:10:12 PM
Thanks and I understand what you are saying. I guess it is a preference as some people like to freeze/grind it.

I am using powder HPW, making the mix, and then freezing it.

Ok, this is a stupid question. If you are supposed to feed 1 tps per glider then how do you measure that for the fruits/veggies?
Food, Diet
Aug 22 2017
10:45:17 PM
I just use a 1 tbsp measuring cup and just put the chopped up fruits/veggies in there to measure it.

Do you get the HPW from exotic nutrition?
Food, Diet
Aug 24 2017
02:29:46 PM
quote:
Originally posted by Anya

I just use a 1 tbsp measuring cup and just put the chopped up fruits/veggies in there to measure it.

Do you get the HPW from exotic nutrition?

I am not sure where the HPW came from as I ordered it from someone on Etsy (before I knew of the other companies). The problem is I notice the box says best by 11/18 and I know I will not use it before then. Should I buy another or since it is powder it doesn't matter

https://www.fruugo.us/wombaroo-high-protein-supp-250gm/p-8717632-18925643?gclid=Cj0KCQjw8vnMBRDgARIsACm_BhLcRdPbKYbXAMo1mnhF5WAmM2eisM0eZECwnuGCH22Mn2gYM_6VTk0aAvyMEALw_wcB
Food, Diet
Aug 24 2017
06:48:10 PM
I can't say for sure if it will go bad or not, but it may lose some of its nutritional value after it's expiration date. So, if it expires I would buy a new box just to be safe.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders