Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding
Bonding
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 19 2017
09:42:26 PM
I just got two suger gliders. About 4 months. Any tips on bonding?
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 19 2017
09:48:16 PM
Anya Starting Member 9 Posts
Use lots of treats! Also, sleep with fleece and put that in their sleeping pouch.
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 20 2017
02:00:20 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Congratulations on your new additions . Such an exciting time!
I agree with Anya. Treats work wonders. And it's important to get them used to your scent (by using fleece).
Gliders are like people...no two are alike. Some will bond quickly. Others, like my newest glider, take awhile. I sometimes find myself getting frustrated because I want her to bond to me as quickly as I have bonded to her. But these things can't be rushed. This is a long term relationship and it's important to take time to gain their trust. Patience is the key, along with lots of love. Don't be too hard on yourself. We all do the best we can and are constantly learning. Celebrate baby steps. One thing that has helped us with the bonding process is tent time. My glider went from running away from me to wanting to crawl all over me when we're in her tent. A small, glider proof room works well too. Some people use bathrooms, as long as you make sure toilet lids are closed, drains are plugged, and there's no way they can escape. I remember checking the space under the door and thinking there's no way she can fit under there. I was wrong, so now I make sure those areas are blocked (you can get those pool noodles at Walmart, cut them in half lengthwise to fit the width of your door, and they work like a charm. Oh, and if you do end up using a bathroom for play time, make sure you hide the plunger and toilet brush. Trust me on this one
Default, miscellaneous
Aug 20 2017
05:52:25 AM
Glidersrule27521 Starting Member 2 Posts
Thanks for all the information. These little guys have a special place in my heart already.#128522;
Bonding

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding