Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help!
Help!
Behavior
Aug 21 2017
06:39:56 AM
Hello all I am recently the proud owner of 2 precious buggies Misty(3) an d Sassy(2). I am there 3rd owner fro both of them. Misty has done speeded wi th adjusting to her new home, surroundings, sounds an d even me. Our bonding process is going great, and then there is Sassy.
Sassy does ok inside the cage but is very pouch aggressive an d she is terrified of tent time. I know you have to get over the first bite an d not flinch when they do it but she is like extra aggressive when she is in a pouch. I really need some guidance on how to make her a calmer, happier glider. Any ideas?
Behavior
Aug 21 2017
10:05:18 PM
Anya Starting Member 9 Posts
Time, patience, and treats!
Behavior
Aug 22 2017
12:25:12 AM
Gabbott Starting Member 2 Posts
Hi everyone !!
I'm looking to see if anyone as advice ... knowledge or resource of where I can find more information... recently I bought two white faced baby girl gliders, which came from as parent as my make I purchased in late February. My girls were given to be young.. (I've been told and I like weaned too soon, to be away from mother..) but around 10 weeks or so now according to the Out of pouch date I was given. Now making my glider count up to 5. But to my surprise one of my oldest girls became pregnant (when I was told the glider was fixed? And welcomed two little newborn joeys. During momma Lola being pregnant she no longer mellow and calm, but became very aggressive... protective .. and would not allow me to bond all the gliders in the same cage. Lola is probably my sweetest and friendliest glider and anyone could hold her .. but she does not want my new 8 week now 10week old girl joeys near her. She has recently had her babies .. and I see that she is less aggressive but still very protective when my new little girls like to explore and get near the bigger cage with her, aunt .. daddy and two baby joeys.
Has anyone ever had this experience? The joeys eyes are now open and they are slowly starting to come out and explore a little on there now not much but starting. And I really dvon't want two cages .. will my mommy Lola eventually go back to her mellow self once her joeys are a little older and allow for more bonding with my other gliders so they can all live together ? Any tips? Advice ?
I have had my name and my oldest female glider out playing with the two young females and both did very well! No crapping or any sign of violence ... I'm just praying that Lola can turn the corner soon and welcome them as well. Because I can not do two cages.

Please any tips?!!!! Advice ? I really wanted them all bonded by now but the unexpected pregnancy has thrown off that plan.

I am also looking for a cage good for hopefully all 7 gliders to in together. I saw the Madagascar cage and I liked the way it looked for height. Does anyone have any recommendations for good cage. Joeys still very small but I'll need larger one soon!!

Thank you for reading and any tips will help !!! Love these babies and want all my glider to get alone and have big new cage #128522;
Positive thoughts !!

Thanks gabrielle
Behavior
Aug 22 2017
03:49:18 AM
Gabbott Starting Member 2 Posts
i agree with the last response ... patience .. and time continue to spend time with her, bond. Have you placed a piece of your clothing in the cage ... they bond by scent so that may help too! My first glider zoey was very timid and nervous and wouldn't let me hold her without giving me a good nip ... but I saw a breeding and realized she was a lot younger then what I was told .. ( first time buying them .. bad mistake), but it took a lot of time and I got her a friend and then she mellowed out and now nothing phases her. She's still more timid around other people, but she doesn't try to bite them.. don't give up .. continue what your doing and spending time bonding !!! #128522;

Edited by - Gabbott on Aug 22 2017 03:54:54 AM
Help!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help!