Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider room
Glider room
Question
Aug 23 2017
11:12:20 PM
Found this site by chance but I need help. I want to make my fiance a glider room she shed, somewhere she can take her gliders and let em loose to play... But I need to know what's safe for them. Floor walls netting, just safe fun stuff for both her and the gliders. Please help me make a GREAT surprise.

Links to specific things would be a huge help.
Question
Aug 24 2017
01:10:03 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts

I made this room. used green plastic chicken wire, 3/4 in holes, at menards. The 1/2 holes netting would have cost about double. the gliders have never even tried to put their heads threw the plastic netting. I bought long wood/plastic pieces and long screws and attached the netting to the ceiling. We used fleece to tied the netting together and 1 X 4 on the floor to hold the netting down. Put child safety stuff on the power outlets.
We put some cat stands in it, fleece over the rope parts. they have had no problems with nails getting stuck in rug. put a few anchors in ceiling and walls and have them some fleece ropes.
Question
Aug 24 2017
02:49:27 AM
lilsistar Super Glider Visit lilsistar's Photo Album 293 Posts
I'm not nearly as awesome as BYK. I just blocked off the bottom off all the doors, put outlet covers on all outlets, made the long outlets hard to get to, and baby sit them like hell.

I would recommend covering all outlets like you would for a small child. And blocking off the doors. They like to climb so giving them things to climb is good. You can also give them a ball pit/ toy box.

Question
Aug 24 2017
10:17:18 AM
bamarbl Starting Member 3 Posts
Simple enough thanks for the help
Glider room

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider room