Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Recently adopted and adored gliders clashing with spiritual path?
Question
Aug 24 2017
04:06:28 AM
I recently adopted a pair of sugar gliders. Love em to death. Ones a bit crabby but thats maybe for a later post.. Im posting this because pre sugar gliders i was and still am on a spiritual path where I feel the need to burn sage for cleansing purposes Not ritualistically but every now and then. I havent done it since before I got my gliders, I wanted to check with you guys to see if its safe. I wouldnt be doing it directly on them or in their general area, but their cage is in the same room. Do I take them out and let a family member they are familiar with sit with them in another room or just make sure the smoke isnt going in their cage?
Question
Aug 25 2017
09:16:53 PM
Drea87 Starting Member Visit Drea87's Photo Album 4 Posts
You may want to move them into a separate room when burning sage. Any type of smoke is bad for any small animal.
Question
Aug 25 2017
09:25:04 PM
jjett95 Joey 10 Posts
They ok in the house? Just not in same room?
Question
Aug 26 2017
02:36:21 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I agree and would move them as far away as possible, keeping doors closed if possible to eliminate exposure.
Question
Aug 26 2017
07:43:11 AM
jjett95 Joey 10 Posts
Ok thank you
Question
Aug 26 2017
10:08:55 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I'm going to ruffle some feathers probably

They will be fine. Burn your sage it won't hurt them, but as you stated, not directly on them at them ..... but in the same room is fine.

A friend of mine burns sage among other things and has over 80 gliders in her house. Half the glider community are smokers and smoke in their house.

I've burned sage before it's not like building a bombfire in your living room lol and you waft the smoke usually with a feather.... It doesn't linger long or fill the room up with smoke.

Yes for the non smokers it's controversial I get it. But burning sage for 5 or 10 minutes once in a while to purify the area is not going to hurt them. They probably won't even notice you did it.

Not to mention if burning sage helps YOU be calm, and comfortable in your environment that is only going to help the gliders be calm in your presence.

Edited by - Leela on Aug 26 2017 10:10:31 AM
Question
Aug 26 2017
11:02:08 AM
jjett95 Joey 10 Posts
Thank you leela
Question
Aug 26 2017
12:47:59 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
welcome

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders