GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New Sugar Glider won't eat and stays in one section of cage. Help
Health related
Aug 24 2017
08:09:28 AM
Hello,

I have 2 sugar gliders one female and one male ( neutered) they are about 1 year and 2 months. Had them since they were 8 weeks old. August 22 this past Tuesday I bought a 3 1/2 month old female. I did an introduction first to my females in a tent it went well stood in tent a good 30 min with both females, i took the female out and introduced my new baby to my male again everything went smooth for 30 min. Then I decided to bring them all together in the tent. Then all hell broke loose my two sugars gliders kept attacking the baby glider. What did I do wrong... I left the baby in tent and put the other two in there cage. My new baby is in her own cage by my female and male cage. Also my new one wont eat. All she ate since wednesday was a slice of apple. I did put in her cage my hpw for her and fruits and veggies. My new baby did drink water last night (wednesday).. Any suggestions on what to do. Or how about my other two gliders accepting the new baby into colony? I dont want the new baby all alone for I know that can be stressful and may die? Thanks for any advice
Health related
Aug 24 2017
09:41:54 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
Whenever we get new glider and put them on HPW with fruits and veggies (we just got 4 more and the same thing happened) they will eat the HPW but leave the fruits and veggies alone. the 4 ones just started eating some of the fruits and veggies and we have had them a few weeks or more.

for introductions I would continue with cages 6 inches apart and swapping stuff every few days for awhile, then put all three together in bathtub.
when we went from 7 to 10 gliders the 7 would not accept sweet pea, just 2 of them. so we had to keep sweet pea separate, we ended up rehoming her to someone that had one and they introduced their one with sweet pea.
Health related
Aug 24 2017
09:52:47 AM
jasmine82m Starting Member Visit jasmine82m's Photo Album jasmine82m's Journal 6 Posts
BYK_Chainsaw

Thanks for your reply. Should I put something from my 2 gliders cage now into the new sugar glider cage or should I wait a couple days since she is not eating and stressed out Maybe . The both cages are by each other currently.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders