Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Question about mealworms.
Food, Diet
Aug 27 2017
08:08:10 PM
I bought 1000 mealworms from ExoticNutrition. The ones I got are, I assume, babies.... Really small. How many is too many for my gliders.
Food, Diet
Aug 30 2017
03:22:55 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
1000!! wow. LIVE or DRIED. dried mealies will last a long time, LIVE mealies need to be put in the frig and will only last a few weeks. Mealies are about 1/2 to 3/4 in long and pretty thin.
I buy 500 mealies for 12 gliders and they usually go bad before I get all of them fed out.
I give out about 4-5 mealies every OTHER day. I have seen some websites that say more is ok, I have seen some say keep in small amounts as mealies are all FATTEN.

With GUS who is active and skinny 100 grams I give a little more, with Gizmo and Link who are more fat 160 grams I give less mealies.
Food, Diet
Aug 31 2017
02:28:29 PM
jjett95 Joey 10 Posts
The mealies are live. I have them in the fridge. 12 gliders omgoodness. 2 is enough for me. I have 1 that trusts me for the most part. The other will crab if I so much as look in his direction most of the time... ok I may be overexagerating a bit.... just a bit though
Food, Diet
Sep 11 2017
10:07:50 PM
jjett95 Joey 10 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

I buy 500 mealies for 12 gliders and they usually go bad before I get all of them fed out.

I was just told having too many gliders makes them crazy. Is this true?
Food, Diet
Sep 12 2017
06:22:58 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by jjett95

quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

I was just told having too many gliders makes them crazy. Is this true?

who you calling crazy, them?, me?
The wife is acting funny lately. I sure the kids are planning a takeover and I just bought tickets for me and the dogs to fly to alaska. But plz don't call me crazy. It's not my fault the moon keeps looking at me, but in alaska I will be safe, no moon in alaska, to far north.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders