Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Eleanor and her Botfly larvae
Health related
Aug 28 2017
12:27:54 PM
Warning the pictures below are cute! and some are pretty gruesome!!

I am not a expert on the topic at all I can just tell you what happened and what I have learned. We we're on vacation and had a wonderful day at the zoo when we got back to the car we decided to potty sugar momma and Eleanor while potting Eleanor I realized she'd had a hole in her skin on her side down by her stomach. and something was sticking out of it I didn't know what it was I thought maybe she had injured herself in her cage overnight and possibly her intestine was coming out. We immediately started Googling exotic vets in the area since we are from out of town, after a few phone calls be found an exotic vet that was familiar with sugar gliders and took Eleanor in! After the vet examined her he couldn't tell what it was caused from and told us he was going to have to do surgery to put in a few stitches... After the hour-long surgery we found out she had a Botfly larvae! And we learnt from the vet that it was not common in sugar gliders and have no idea how she got the Botfly larvae we do know she had it when we received her from the previous owner after talking to the previous owner she's not aware of how she would have gotten the botfly either if anyone happens to know I would be interested in knowing!? I'm happy to report Eleanor's doing completely fine now and it's back to her playful self!! :))

Health related
Aug 28 2017
02:08:52 PM
SugarMamasDaddy1 Joey Visit SugarMamasDaddy1's Photo Album 12 Posts

Botfly larvae
Health related
Aug 28 2017
02:14:58 PM

Health related
Aug 28 2017
02:43:57 PM

Health related
Aug 28 2017
02:51:10 PM

Sleeping on the way home
Health related
Sep 02 2017
02:45:13 AM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Oh my gosh, poor baby! I'm so sorry for what she's gone through. Glad to hear she's gotten good care and is doing much better now!
Health related
Sep 05 2017
04:06:37 PM
Jennfaith Joey Visit Jennfaith's Photo Album USA 16 Posts
Damn nature you scary

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders