Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Confused...
Confused...
Food, Diet
Sep 03 2017
12:58:00 PM
Hi, I am finding myself getting confused about food products and find myself spending $$$ on things that may not be necessary. Could someone please advise..

I currently doing the HPW diet and would like to stick with that. I bought a box of Wamporoo food but it expires in November so to be safe, I want to replace it.

I also am looking for some good pellet food. They love the one that the seller gave me but I do not know what brand it is.

I have the following on hand and would like advise on the following to ease my confusion.

Exotic Nutrition: Sugar Glider Diet w/ papaya-eucalyptus
Glider Complete

Critter Love: Happy Glider Chicken Nugget
Critter Love Complete

I also am confused about how often to give treats. I try to give treats as a bonding tool and for foraging. I have so many treats that it is sad.

Do I put a treat in each foraging toy? If so, how many treats per toy?

I have found that my gliders (3) have started filling up on this and not eating their normal diet.

Please help!
Food, Diet
Sep 03 2017
04:16:28 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I prefer Critter Love diets above all others, I use the Original. The pellets sold on her website are the same I purchase, though directly from Pet Pro . It's probably more convenient to purchase everything from one site, at least initially, but I don't have to re-purchase everything at the same time.

I purchase my WHPS usually fromThe Pampered Glider

The bee pollen can be purchased from The Pampered Glider or Critter Love, but the last time I just googled it and purchased from some random place. I got a huge jar and it's lasting a while.

Oh, and don't forget to go with one of the recommended salad mixes if using CL. Any diet you decide to follow, it's important to follow the directions to the "T".

Edited by - TJones09 on Sep 03 2017 04:17:43 PM
Food, Diet
Sep 04 2017
05:32:11 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I use OHPW or critterlove plus.
I use the recommended pet pro cereal, Happy Glider.
It was also recommended to put cereal in freezer to help make sure mold does not form on cereal, this can be bad for the gliders.

I get pee pollen from local health food store down the road.

with 3 gliders I would have about 18 foraging places and put treats in about 9 of them. But the early bird might be getting alot of them, so you can just hand feed a few. adult gliders can weight 80 to 160 grams. If they get bigger then 160 grams you probably have an overweight glider, who doesn't need treats.
Confused...

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Confused...