Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Two older gliders -- Michigan
Default, miscellaneous
Sep 10 2017
04:08:57 AM
Hi, I'm looking to re-home two gliders that are about 6-7 years old. I adopted them about a year ago however, due to various reasons, I am finding I don't have as much time or space that I'd like for them. Here is the story that I was told when adopting them.

These two gliders (male and female) have been together for practically their whole life. Before the rescue, they were used as a breeding pair so they aren't socialized well. Their exact age is unknown and I don't have access to any linage. In the ~year that I have had them I have not encountered any pregnancies so I'm assuming they can no longer reproduce which was why they were brought into the shelter.

Like I said I am looking to re-home them. When I first adopted these two quirky guys I had much more free time on my hands and planned to slowly socialize them to the best of my ability. These are my first gliders and I now think that I bit off more than I can chew.

So far we have worked on being held, biting, and running from hands. They LOVE feathers, ball pits, cuddling each other, treats, tent time, and lullabies (kind of weird but I think they like the whispered singing IDK)

I believe that a more experienced owner would better know how to socialize these older, but still youthful, gliders. I love them dearly and they bring me much joy however, I truly believe that they would have a better life with someone who is patient and has a lot of experience.

Serious inquires only. I am in no rush, just looking for a perfect fit for these guys to have a forever home. Rehoming fee of $100 for the pair. Message me if you're interested or have any questions. Thank you.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home