Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this a good cage?
Is this a good cage?
Question
Sep 12 2017
12:14:41 AM
I get bored and google cages a lot. Well,I found one that I have fallen in love with. I'm not going to buy it anytime soon since I don't have the space or money for it. I'm just curious if its a good cage for sugar gliders and what kind of draw backs owning a cage like this would bring.

www.wayfair.com/AandE-Cage-Co.-Medium-Walk-Bird-Aviary-AEC1069.html?piid=3278080

www.petco.com/shop/en/petcostore/product/bird/cages-for-birds/aande-cage-company-walk-in-aviary-in-black

I linked two websites to the same cage.
Question
Sep 14 2017
11:19:59 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
For a lot less money I think you could have someone build a large cage made of pvc pipe, netting and tie wraps. I have seen several on line. the pvc is somewhat expensive but should be a ton cheaper then that cage.
As for that cage, it looks like it would work for gliders, but that is just from a quick look at the web page you posted.
Question
Sep 15 2017
09:02:17 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
The bar spacing looks acceptable at 1/2" which is the standard suggested width between bars, being no larger than that.

The size is awesome! I can see why it would be a "dream cage", however, it's very large and doesn't have a floor, so placement could be a factor. It would be easy enough to access I suppose to clean, but you'd have to be careful of the flooring used, safe and easy to clean material under the cage. Being it's a walk-in, I'd presume you could just go in there with a folding chair for "bonding play time". Very cool!
Is this a good cage?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is this a good cage?