Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Male glider mangled female glider
Behavior
Sep 22 2017
10:35:25 PM
Came home tonight from work, and dinner. Walked in grabbed a couple apples because thats what my gliders wake up to at night..

When I went to disburse the apple chunks to the 3 groups of gliders I have. I noticed that my youngest pair, Luke and Leah, were not bouncing around their cage as usual.

I get through with the normal snacking procedure and get to their smaller cage and Im hit with a putrid smell...

Luke comes to the top of cage and starts his little merry go round around the top of cage but Leah isnt moving.
I reach into the cage and her head is destroyed. Im at a complete loss as to what happened.. or why.

I know luke either did it... or tried to clean it up because he's got blood stained fur. They've never fought before, they've been together since atleast 8 weeks old. I got them as a pair.

I just want to know why this would have happened. What could have spurred it on???
Behavior
Sep 23 2017
06:04:59 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Sorry for your little girl...

As to why it happened, there are many possibilities, she can have died for any reasons and he tried to make the body disappear so it wouldn't attract predators, she may have been wounded and he tried to clean it up too agressively, she may have shown sign of sicness in which case he could have tried to chase her away... and there might be many other reasons we don't think about.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders