GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Introduction tips?
Introduction tips?
Information
Sep 27 2017
09:36:36 PM
Hi!
So, this past Saturday, I got a little 9 week oop joey. I have two other gliders that I'm going to have to introduce to each other, and I was just wondering if there was anything I should know, if anybody's done it a lot? I'm gonna wait until he is about 15 weeks oop until I introduce them, when he's a little bigger and closer to the size of the other two. I think tommorow I'm going to switch their pouches, so they can get used to each others scent and stuff ( I read that's a thing). I'm most worried about Comet, who I'm afraid will fight or something because, he's normally the first to the food, and he can be a food hog. I think I'll introduce them in my bathroom when the time comes. So yea.. I guess, anything I should know?
Oh, and will the silent runner work for a temporary wheel? ( my new guy is in a different cage without a wheel) I've heard of somebody who had the wheel and then the ball thing wore out, then the wheel fell apart and then the glider got injured and had to be put down. Is that something I should be worried about?
Information
Sep 28 2017
06:48:22 AM
Cashmere Joey Visit Cashmere's Photo Album 20 Posts
Introduce on a neutral ground..
I also read that it is easier to introduce successfully
when all your gliders are still young.
Information
Sep 30 2017
07:13:25 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
several websites have good information.
gliders like company in just about all cases (I think)

getting scent familiar is very important. pouch swapping.
cages 8" apart very good.
no need to rush.
neutral site, then neutral cage.

we have had lots of success 2 plus 2, then 4 plus 2, then 6 plus 2.
at 7 plus 3 we had one of the 3 rejected and had to put her in a separate cage. But we may have rushed the last introduction.
wife also did a 2 plus 1 very successfully.
Information
Feb 10 2018
05:06:35 AM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
To add to the food part, for my colony that has food hogs I put multiple little bowls in different areas. That’s helped a lot with how they interact with eachother. There’s 5 in that cage and it’s the only colony we have to do that for.
Introduction tips?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Introduction tips?