Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Help, my glider is hurting herself?
Health related
Sep 29 2017
04:51:40 PM
Hi, i got my Baby female glider from friend of mine who got it for a week and decided sugar glider isint a pet for him and i had to took her in. Shes been with me for a week now, i had to say shes a rare glider that bonded with me over short period of time. First day theres crab, bites and more crabs. But after 3rd day she kinda bonded with me. Today on the 8th day i noticed a bald spot with skin exposed little red and pink like a wound at the her back near her tail. Did she hurt herself? Her fur was yellow and dirty when i got her, now turning white and fluffy. I googled every keywords i can possibly think of and they said glider hurting themself they will sound like crab and hiss, i been with her all day and i dint hear any weird sound. Also this happen overnight. I play with her everyday and dint notice anything until now. Any expert parents please advice
Health related
Sep 30 2017
05:24:20 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Please post a picture of her cage so we can see if there's possibly something in there that caused the wound. You should probably take her to the vet for a check up and to get that cleaned, and I'd also recommend getting some Vetericyn ( I'm not sure I spelled it right) which you can have on hand for wounds in the future. You will have to keep an eye on the wound and make sure she doesn't make it worse. You may have to put an e-collar on her to keep her from making it worse.
Health related
Oct 01 2017
02:20:16 PM
Yukistar Starting Member Visit Yukistar's Photo Album 3 Posts
Thanks for guidance. I talked to vet nurse she told me its nothing serious only some of her fur came out and gave me some solution to clean and apply affected area.. I figured its because my Baby dont like being in pouch and kinda stress out she crabs softly whenever i put her in bonding pouch. So yesterday i just put her in my pocket she was fine. Her affected area seems to be better today. Regarding about her cage i can only get small one as it is last minute decision to take her in because my friend dont want her. But i got her a bigger cage with toys and shelf which is pretty cool, check out the picture. Shes on healthy diet too, great pallets, vitamin and calcium powder, fresh veggies and fruits everyday and sometimes protein meals like boiled eggs, rice and chicken meat. I ordered HPW should be here anyday. I hope shes going to live a happy life with me. Please tell me if theres anything more that i should know .
Health related
Oct 16 2017
09:13:08 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Hi Yukistar!

Just saw your post and am wondering how things are going? Hope all is well and that you're enjoying your sweet baby!
Health related
Oct 22 2017
04:20:06 PM
Yukistar Starting Member Visit Yukistar's Photo Album 3 Posts

hi sorry for late reply. Just finished trimming her nails earlier today . Shes very sweet friendly but still very pouch protective. Her left side healed cpmpletely and fur starting to grow back. But yesterday she hurt herself again this time on the right side. I apply vetericyn 2 times a day until her left side completely heal and yesterday i noticed new baldspot on the right. And today her outer skin kinda came off. All i can do now is just apply vetericyn#128533; any advice? I figured she might be lonely? But i cant afford a new glider i get Baby from my irresponsible friend who wanted to threw her out. I gave her the best i could she were so dirty and skinny and full of fur cracks when i get her. She certainly looks way alot better after 1 month being with me. Maybe something went wrong? She does not crab anymore. Barks sometimes in the middle of the night. No more bites and nips after 5th day i got her.

Edited by - Yukistar on Oct 22 2017 04:24:31 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders