Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Glider Chow from Pocket Pets
Food, Diet
Oct 05 2017
11:44:55 AM
Is this a reliable food source? What else will my glider need in addition to the Glider Chow?
Food, Diet
Oct 06 2017
11:13:24 AM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
I do not know if it is a good product as I am not currently using it. It looks like it is a pellet food and I am not sure what you will be using it for.

It is my understanding that a pellet food should not be the main source of food; it should also be a mixture of fruits/veggies.

I am using Critter Love Complete. It is a powder that you mix with water that has nutrients in it. It also comes with 4 salads that you can make that accompanies the liquid. I love it as I know the gliders are getting the right nutrition and I don't have to ensure the calcium/phosphorus ratio is correct.

I would think someone on this board could answer your question.

I do have some Exotic Nutrition food that I bought and will not use. I am willing to give it away to someone who will use it (just pay shipping)
Food, Diet
Oct 06 2017
05:32:16 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
PP Glider Chow I believe is PetPro's Happy Glider in fruity flavor. This is a popular brand used by many who do serve pellet food as a side (never a staple.)

It is best to use a nectar formula, two popular ones are BML and Critter Love (CL.) Critter Love Complete (CLC) is also marketed by PP under the name "Glider Gravy" and is also a top-notch, popular choice by many sugar glider owners. You will most likely find a better deal for these foods from original websites.

Critter Love for the nectar, and instructions for preparation, storing (if necessary), and serving. Also pay mind to the salad mixes, as they're considered part of this diet plan for calculated ratios and nutritional needs. Peggy (creator of the original HPW diet and CL, trademarked diet) also offers alternative recipes for the nectar, CL Plus would be the most similar to the Original HPW diet, which is also now know for Critter Love Original (TM) and that recipe is also available on her "diet page".

PetPro-Happy Glider Pellets There are several varieties, PP sells the "fruity" flavor, and that's the one my trio prefers. They offer a trial package I believe so you can see which is preferred before buying large qualities.

Hope this helps.
Food, Diet
Oct 12 2017
09:54:59 PM
Eric C Retired GliderMap Gliderpedia Editor Visit Eric C's Photo Album Eric C's Journal TX, USA 2321 Posts
My opinion is that nothing from pocket pets is good. The idea of mill breading is horrible.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders