Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
Gliders smell like cigarettes and cat pee! :(
Question
Oct 16 2017
05:48:57 PM
Hey y’all, I recently adopted two more sugies from a lady who smoked and had a lot of cats. Now the poor little guys smell like cigarettes and cat pee! :(
Will the smell eventually fade away? Or will I have to help them groom for awhile? Thoughts? Thanks!
Question
Oct 17 2017
12:42:51 PM
BennyNace Glider Visit BennyNace's Photo Album 100 Posts
Honestly, if you can handle the smell for a little while, they will eventually clean it off of themselves and each other. Baths aren't really advisable due to getting water in their noses/lungs and causing pneumonia. If it's that bad, you can wipe them with a damp cloth. (barely wet) just be sure they stay warm after.
Question
Oct 17 2017
06:37:39 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
gliders can have a natural smell you won't like. If the scent of pee and cigs is that bad for ya, the natural scent of a glider (I feel ours is quite small smell, but my nose is weak.) may be to much for you.
I would think the smell of cig would go away. the pee smell might be them and not the cat. Our friendliest glider sophie seems to want to always mark us with a little pee every night I let her jump on my shoulder.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat