GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Flu!! Coughing and sneezing
Health related
Oct 19 2017
03:05:24 PM
Hello,
At first my 8 weeks old girl started coughing I believe and sneezing frequently and both of her eyes are swollen, yet she eats very well.. I took her to the vet they told me she has flu! and they gave her some injections. Do sugar gliders get a cold or flu? I did the research about this topic but I found literally nothing!! Despite the fact that my hometown veterinary clinics aren't experts in sugar gliders. I'm worried can anyone kindly tell what to give her or how to treat her? She didn't get any better after the injections, I'm afraid of losing her.
*I recorded a video showing the sneezing noise or idk what shall I call it, but i have no idea how to download it here*
Some help I guess !*^*
Health related
Oct 19 2017
04:07:44 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Hello, sugar gliders are not likely to get the flu, the flu virus being restricted to birds, pigs and primates. However, they can have respiratory infections and allergies.
Swollen eyes are more often the result of either sinus / eyes infections, in which case antibiotics would be the course of treatment, or of tooth abcess (which is unlikely at such a young age).
Sneezing is a sound sugar gliders owners often hear and is not usually linked to sickness, they actually sneeze in their hands when grooming themselves.

It is not possible to upload videos directly on here, but you can upload it on any streaming site such a youtube and post the link here.
Health related
Oct 20 2017
06:28:19 AM
Gami77 Joey Visit Gami77's Photo Album 16 Posts
Oh thats why I couldn't find anything related to the flu, yet the sound still unusual for me to recognize what kind of noise is this, they do make sneezing sound when grooming but something odd with this sound its mostly like coughing while sleeping! I'm not sure.. but I'll visit another vet, hopefully they give her the antibiotics she needs. Thank you so much for the information.
Health related
Oct 20 2017
06:41:26 AM
Gami77 Joey Visit Gami77's Photo Album 16 Posts
Oh thats why I couldn't find anything related to the flu, yet the sound still unusual for me to recognize what kind of noise is this, they do make sneezing sound when grooming but something odd with this sound its mostly like coughing while sleeping! I'm not sure.. but I'll visit another vet, hopefully they give her the antibiotics she needs. Thank you so much for the information.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders