Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Can I use a comfort wheel? ( temporarily)
Information
Oct 20 2017
02:28:07 PM
Hi!
So, my new lil guy, Rocky, is in a temporary cage right now until he’s big enough to get introduced to the other boys. I’d get him a sugar glider wheel, but I don’t really have $55 right now to spend on a wheel, and I’m pretty sure that the big wheel I have right now is good for three gliders, but until then, I wanna put a wheel in Rocky’s cage. I have a 8.5 inch comfort wheel, could I use that temporarily? Right now he is about 13 weeks OOP. Also: when I let my older boys out to play, the cages are next to each other, and normally what will happen is one sugar glider will walk on the cage, Rocky will see, the sugar gliders will start crabbing at each other and I need to take hem away because I’m afraid one of them will get hurt. Is that bad? Like a bad first impression? And, how much should sugar gliders weigh? I think my boys might be getting a little overweight.
Information
Oct 20 2017
10:47:15 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm not sure, I tried to look it up to see what it looked like. It appears to have an axel, those are not safe for suggies.

For temporary, inexpensive safe wheel, these would be the next best options. If a little guy, get the travel size 9", it will be fine and you may find handy if you ever need to use a smaller wheel for travel or emergencies, hopefully, not the latter.
http://www.exoticnutrition.com/Departments/Sugar-Glider-Products/Sugar-Glider-Wheels/Silent-Runner-Wheels-for-Sugar-Gliders.aspx?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvabPBRD5ARIsAIwFXBkCym-n_E8tIZh6DD493GveXqrCj4pslMIliN7WhS5GJ9BORWxj_PYaAsNOEALw_wcB

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders