Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Missing Joey?!
Missing Joey?!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 28 2017
07:11:01 PM
Ok...i was sooo excited last night to see my joey. It was the size of a small mouse. Today i was cleaning the cage in hopes of taking a look at the joey, but its gone! It had a thin layer of fur, but eyes werent opened. Would they of eaten it that big? Could it be back in the moms pouch? Im so upset. I didnt see any blood or parts when i cleaned the cage today. Please help!!!
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2017
12:57:44 AM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
Both are possible, they can reject joeys much older than this, the joey can also go back in its mother's pouch for a while, even after its eyes are openned (especially if it is a single joey)
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2017
08:39:30 AM
Gayle Glider Visit Gayle's Photo Album Gayle's Journal USA 90 Posts
I didnt hear the joey last night :( how ling will it go bck in the pouch for, it that was the case?
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2017
02:09:48 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
they go in and out for a while, difficult to tell for how long. It would be noticeable on your female, if she still has a bump in her pouch, it's that the joey is in there.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2017
03:53:36 PM
cloud4571 Starting Member Visit cloud4571's Photo Album 9 Posts
I've had lots of babies so from what I've seen the males will attack the females and eat her baby's so she will mate faster.
i would remove them if you have more than 2 if your worried.
They do go back into the pouch tho the bump is super easy to see if there that big
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2017
05:06:29 PM
Theres only the 2 gliders in there. She is the nean one, my boy is actually super sweet. When they come out later i will see...
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Oct 29 2017
06:41:24 PM
Her pouch looks normal.
Missing Joey?!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Missing Joey?!