GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sick
Sick
Health related
Nov 05 2017
04:51:35 AM
Hi everyone.
I guess I just wanted to share this with people who will understand how worried and stressed out I feel about this.
My two girls from my quad are sick.
Long story short:
Clare Bear had been straining so much her cloaca was red and swollen and she also ended up bleeding all over the cage. As you can imagine that freaked me out. She's been on meds since Halloween and looked better yesterday but today looked red again. Deep breaths.
Guenevere is moving slowly. She doesn't jump. She climbs slowly and with care. She's eating very little. She's been on meds since Thursday. I plan to call the vet back first thing Monday morning since they're closed today and the emergency vets in this area don't do sugar gliders. I'm extremely worried about her because she is no better.
Good thoughts and prayers are what I'm asking for, and that they both start to improve soon.
Health related
Nov 05 2017
07:34:37 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
good luck with your gliders. We have had only one pass away so far, and it was
difficult. We had the same issue, no glider vets on evenings or weekends, emergency vets did their best but was not enough.
Health related
Nov 05 2017
09:11:13 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
Thinking of you and sending lots of prayers your way! It's good that you'll be in touch with the vet soon and they can advise you and offer the best care for your precious girls. Wishing you all the best. Please keep us posted.
Health related
Nov 05 2017
09:16:39 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear this about your girls, I do understand the stress and worry.

I'm saying a prayer for them, and you (right now), that they will have full recoveries and that the vet they see tomorrow can offer proper treatment to ensure this. And that you can find peace getting through the night and at the vets tomorrow.
Health related
Nov 06 2017
05:09:26 AM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Thank you! Your good thoughts must've worked because I did feel less panicked yesterday.
This morning there's no new blood in the cage. Guenevere was already in the pouch when I got up, but she did take a treat when offered. My husband stayed up late and was in charge of watching to see if she ate anything. He'll let me know when he wakes up. I remember last time Guenevere was sick it took her about two weeks to get back to herself, so I'm hoping she just needs time.
Thank you again. Please keep up with the good thoughts and prayers. I really appreciate it!
Sick

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sick