Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
PLEASE ANSWER!
PLEASE ANSWER!
Food, Diet
Nov 05 2017
03:47:14 PM
Are fruits and veggies & dry food (and water bottle of course)and the occasional snack like a boiled egg or yogurt enough to feed a glider? There is TOO many opinions online. Fact wise: Will these items only give a sugar glider a happy and healthy life? They eat all the necessary fruits and veggies and plenty of protein. They are acting extremely happy and have been the past 11 months I've had them, never changing. One is a good size, not too skinny not too fat, and loves roaming and running. The other is a bit more on the weighted side, but is very happy and runs around like crazy.

EDIT: I hear vitamin supplements are very popular and necessary. Yes? or No?

Edited by - Coral and Sparky on Nov 05 2017 03:53:30 PM
Food, Diet
Nov 05 2017
07:47:03 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
vitamin supplements, I have read have some problems.
1. did you sprinkle on enough or NOT enough. not so easy to tell.
2. Is the glider eating the supplement or eating around it, if he eat some does
he eat enough or not enough.
So its very hard to make sure they get the proper amount.

I like and use OHPW. Wombaroo powder is manufactured in the country of glider origin. Wombaroo is a protein powder made JUST FOR GLIDER.

So with Ohpw and fruits/veggies and some healthy Happy glider cereal I can at least feel like I'm doing what I can to give them a healthy diet.

Another option is going to a good glider vet. and maybe they can give you a good idea of what they say is a good diet for your glider.

Edited by - BYK_Chainsaw on Nov 05 2017 07:47:40 PM
Food, Diet
Nov 05 2017
09:06:45 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
CL diets (Critter Love), including the CLO (Critter Love Original), which is OHPW are very well known and widely used diets. I personally have used CLO (when it was named OHPW), CLC (Critter Love Complete), and CLP (Critter Love Plus), currently I'm using the Wombaroo Brand HPS (High Protein Supplement) recipe, the CLP is basically the same recipe but uses the owner/creators brand HPS. I do not believe you could go wrong with any of those diets. I haven't made up my mind for sure yet, but since I'm down to just two gliders, I'm considering going back to the CLC, which is the easiest, most convenient formulation, just not so economical when feeding more than two gliders. I'm hoping to have my decision made by the time I need to reorder the supplement.

Along with the nectar, fruit & veggies that are given on the Critter Love website
https://www.critterlove.com/salad-mixtures.html are calculated to ensure the proper balances, no extra vitamins or Calcium is needed, nor should be used. Happy Glider Pellets from PetPro is also a popular brand of pellets (cereal) to offer as a side by those who want to serve them, and occasional treats are also allowed. Many people will offer their gliders (including me) a "junk food" night, which they will offer their gliders cooked egg (hard boiled or scrambled) or chicken (boiled, not seasoned, no oil) as a protein source instead of the nectar occasionally.

Just FYI, the PP Glider Gravy is CLC rebranded, the creator of the CL diets as worked with PP to improve their diet, however, PP doesn't promote the Glider Gravy as a "must have" over their "Glidermins", but still it's a step forward to offer it at least. Also, I do believe their pellets are from PetPro, the fruity flavored, and I realize PP is offering new flavors as well. So PP is not all entirely bad with their diet.
PLEASE ANSWER!

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
PLEASE ANSWER!