GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
What cage? Would you recommend any?
Information
Nov 08 2017
09:22:35 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm not sure, I don't really understand the measurements.

The first one looks a lot like others I've seen, but the measurement for the bar spacing confuses me, lol. Also, I don't know what the "non-toxic coated texture" means, most safe cages I know say "powder coated". The other two cages I'm not sure of quality either.

If bar spacing on any of these cages are 1/2" or less and they are "powder coated" they would be safe. And any cage you get, use zip locks on any small access/feeding doors to prevent escapes.
Information
Nov 09 2017
03:50:45 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
cage 1 is the only one I would consider for bar spacing and size.
then I would buy a midwest critternation or other cage made for gliders.
Information
Nov 09 2017
09:59:45 AM
Volkswagenbusgirl Starting Member Visit Volkswagenbusgirl's Photo Album 9 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by BYK_Chainsaw

cage 1 is the only one I would consider for bar spacing and size.
then I would buy a midwest critternation or other cage made for gliders.

Would the "congo" cage at exotic nutrition.com be good? They are on sale till the 11th???

www.exoticnutrition.com
Information
Nov 09 2017
12:57:49 PM
thefurrylife Starting Member 6 Posts
Here in the UK, I guess our measurements are a bit different to the ones elsewhere. I have checked all of these cages for size, and here, they all meet the minimum requirement, and non-toxic coated texture, means that it is perfectly safe and is not harmful to your pet. There are some other cage options I have found, but I still need to do a lot of research and looking around. I want to find them the best possible cage I can get.

And in reply to the Congo Cage, no that kind of cage is not really an option for me. I am going to say that the shipping would be a lot, added to the price of the cage... I will just keep looking round! I found one a few days back that I liked, (was over minimum - I think it was 100 and something cm high - with the correct bar spacing, suitable doors etc) just need to remember where I found it, and compare it too the other ones I have found!

Thank you for your input however, I only want to give my new babies, the best possible life I can give them!
Information
Nov 09 2017
03:28:28 PM
Volkswagenbusgirl Starting Member Visit Volkswagenbusgirl's Photo Album 9 Posts
I was kinda adding on and wondering if that would be a good one for me to get#128514;
Information
Nov 10 2017
01:54:54 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Volkswagenbusgirl

I was kinda adding on and wondering if that would be a good one for me to get#128514;

out of the congo, brisbane and madagascar, I would go with the congo first. the brisbane I have and I think is small, with small doors.

the congo is almost the same as midwest critternation so that is a nice size.
the madagascar would be an option if I wanted less floor space to the gliders and more for me, smaller footprint but tall.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders