Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
SGS2 diet?
SGS2 diet?
Food, Diet
Nov 09 2017
01:29:17 PM
From looking around on the web, in the UK, this seems to be the best possible meal plan for sugar gliders? I had a few questions concerning it, so I hope a few of you have your suggies on this diet, or have some other knowledge about it.

First up, I was wondering, how much of the oatmeal would you put in the diet, bearing in mind this would be for 2 sugar gliders. Also, is it a good diet? Or am I going down the completely wrong route for the diet. Thank you!
Food, Diet
Nov 10 2017
12:32:20 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
hello, I curently use SGS2.

Remember that this recipe is UK based, so the volumes (TBS tsp lb) are in imperial measures, NOT in US standarts

Basic recipe is:

* 1lb of fruit/veg

* 2tsp Wombaroo High Protein Supplement

* 1/2tsp Calcium powder (I use a liquid calcium instead which is mixed in to individual food bowls at the time of feeding at a rate of 0.1ml per 100g bodyweight)

* 1TBS Natural Probiotic yogurt

* 1 boiled egg

* 1/4tsp acacia gum

* 1tsp of bee pollen (Either added to the mix for a daily dose or if you wish to give less often add a pinch to the defrosted evening meal instead)

* 1TBS linseed (soaked in 3-4 TBS of boiled water) - including the water

* 1TBS oatmeal or wheatgerm

If you don't have linseed, you can substitute with oatmeal, in which case you will need 2TBS of oatmeal for 1Lb of fruit/veggie

The advised serving is 1TBS per glider daily (by experience, some gliders eat more than that, so be prepared to give larger portions if needed)
SGS2 diet?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
SGS2 diet?