Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sleeping? Is it too cold?
Question
Nov 16 2017
02:37:59 AM
I've only had my gliders for about one week now. They have been pretty active around 1am but tonight they are sleeping and it's three am. I got them one of those cute tiny plastic trashcans to put in their cage and that's what they are sleeping in. Earlier today during tent time I forgot to turn off the light and stupidly went outside the tent thinking it was okay. Anyway when I went to get back in one of my girls tried to escape and I scared her and she scared me because she was getting ready to escape. Now every time I put my hand in her pouch she crabs at me. But this doesn't explain why my other girl is sleeping.

Is it cause it's too cold? My house is at it's lowest 67 degrees. I live with my grandma and she absolutely refuses to buy a space heater due to the electric bill and fire hazard. I have fleece blankets in there for them to keep warm, but the cold hasn't stopped them from playing earlier in the week.

They also had a pretty active day today. I decided to take them with me to the grocery store, but they were sleeping. Please help me. These are my first gliders and like I said I only had them a week. I', paranoid about everything.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders