Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Suggies stopped eating and drinking for 2 days
Food, Diet
Nov 16 2017
01:35:25 PM
Our sugar gliders are usually very picky and will not generally eat one type of protein more then 2 to 3 days in a row before we have to give them something else. They prefer their fruit and sometimes eat vegetables. We've tried giving them the SGS2 diet but they get bored of it quickly and we end up giving them scrambled eggs, chicken, fruit and veg with calcium powder and vitamins on top. The last two days they haven't eaten anything we offered them, even their favourite treats. They barely crab and keep running on the wheel. They're running on the wheel a LOT, even Angel who prefers jumping all over the cage and eating and doesn't use the wheel as much as Hope. We're starting to get worried now and have tried giving them mashed fruits and water from a syringe but it barely works. Please help!
Food, Diet
Nov 16 2017
09:59:53 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm sorry, I hope you can find out what is wrong. I think a vet checkup is the best option.
Food, Diet
Nov 19 2017
04:06:11 PM
MSSHA Joey 29 Posts
They're ok now! We gave them four or five small bowls with different proteins, veg and snacks for a few days and they started eating bits and pieces here and there before they started eating properly again.
Food, Diet
Nov 19 2017
06:26:01 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Thanks for update, I'm glad to hear they're eating normally.
Food, Diet
Nov 21 2017
02:13:28 PM
sjusovare Face Hugger Visit sjusovare's Photo Album France 694 Posts
It's not necessarilly worrying, there are periods of times when mines will eat really few during a few days, and then it goes back to normal, it usually occures when the atmospheric pressure drops quickly (they're good at forecasting bad weather)

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders