Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Update
Update
Health related
Nov 19 2017
05:40:23 AM
Guenevere has been sick since November 1.
Took her to the vet yesterday and they did an X-ray. She has a massive growth or blockage filling the entire bottom half of her body. Her heart is very weak as well.

Long story short, it was an agonizing decision between a couple of options including euthanasia. I took her home with pain meds and surgery is scheduled for tomorrow morning. She was still alive and kicking this morning and in fact she looks basically normal. I gave her a favorite treat and she is now snuggled up with her colony.

I've loved her from the first moment I saw her. She's been a wonderful and sweet pet.

Just sharing.
Health related
Nov 19 2017
07:06:47 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
K, you and Guenevere are and will be in my prayers to make it through surgery and have full recovery. Please keep us posted.
Health related
Nov 20 2017
04:24:05 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
The growth was a tumor surrounding her heart, lungs, kidneys, and uterus which gave her a pouch infection and stopped her from being able to absorb nutrients. I said goodbye to her a little while ago. I'm so, so sad. I loved her. So, so much.
Health related
Nov 20 2017
07:42:25 PM
I am so very, deeply sorry for your loss! I understand the sorrow you are dealing with and wish words could end your grief. You and Guenevere have been in my prayers since I read your original post, all through the weekend and this morning. I'm certain that She and Lulu are in a better place, and maybe even the best of friends. I also feel certain that we will see them, and all other loved ones passed before us, again one sweet day. I hope you can find some comfort.
Health related
Nov 23 2017
05:04:19 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
Thank you. Your post brought tears to my eyes.
I hope you've had a Happy Thanksgiving!
Health related
Nov 23 2017
08:09:18 PM
You're welcome, hope you can find some joy this Thanksgiving day.
Update

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Update