Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sneezing?
Sneezing?
Question
Nov 21 2017
03:10:44 AM
One of my boys was making the sneezing/grooming sound tonight, but not when grooming. It started when I handed their pouch off to my sister and went to scold the cat (she's jealous of the gliders and causing trouble to make sure I'm aware). I went back to retrieve them and sis said he was "snorting" at her again. I don't recall him doing it before and probably assumed he was just grooming or some other glider sound if she mentioned it before, but I didn't think too much of it then. Later during playtime he made it again several times when he was running around, less frequently as time went on. It didn't slow him down any and his breathing was fine, he would just ocassionally make the noise. I'll keep an eye on him but I'm not too worried, mostly I think it's just weird. It sounded like the grooming sneeze, but sort of quieter. Is this some vocalization I somehow missed when drowning myself in glider info, or was he actually just sneezing? Do gliders even actually sneeze? Sorry if that's a stupid question.
Question
Nov 21 2017
01:53:09 PM
sh00ter Joey Visit sh00ter's Photo Album 32 Posts
I clean the drop try with vinegar/water mix and if I don't dry it
well enough one of my guys starts sneezing

maybe he just didn't like her perfume or hair product
Question
Dec 22 2017
01:20:50 PM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
He's been doing it again the last few days. And he's been playing with her those times as well. I guess he is just bothered by one of her cosmetics or something. He seems fine other than that. It's very weird though, I've never really heard of gliders being allergic to things or anything like that.
Sneezing?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sneezing?