Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar Glider Passed Away
Sugar Glider Passed Away
Research Information
Nov 23 2017
10:46:26 AM
Cola was anywhere from 3-6 years old, as his previous owner didn’t do the best with him and was not sure. He came with another glider who bullied him and who I eventually had to separate from him as I witnessed him running to me to hide and hurting himself multiple times, and overgrooming. Once he was separated he stopped and his fur grew back. I tried with another glider, with the same result, so eventually it was just Cola. I then had him for almost a year, with exotic glider food, snacks of meat and fruits and veggies (with yogurt treats and Cheerios, he loved cheerios but I didn’t give them often). He had a wheel, four or five pouches, a hammock, hanging toys, little balls, and I took him out daily for at least an hour (but I will admit, some days I would neglect to and I would take him out for longer the next time.) He was so sweet but I knew something was up...starting from four or five days ago he suddenly became much clingier than normal. He would follow me from side to side, and chirp if I left. So I handled him much more and he also would cuddle longer, instead of running around. He was not sick, did not sneeze, look sick, no crust, no snot. But then this morning I realized I had not seen him since the day before. (Not yesterday but the night before that). I went into his cage and poked his pouch because he usually would wake up and stick his head out. But he didn’t move. He was curled up, and was dead.

What could have been the reason?? Was he older than I thought? Did he know, is that why he was clingier? He never stopped eating or drinking, I don’t understand. If it’s relevant, he also //never// glided. Ever. He would walk or leap everywhere.

Thank you.
Research Information
Nov 23 2017
10:55:01 AM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm so sorry for your loss:(. I've just recently lost one of my gliders that was around 6 yrs old. Unknown cause, no signs of illness, or trauma (the way I found her was a mystery). Sometimes we have to accept the not knowing why. It's hard enough with just greiving the loss, you want to understand why, but there's not always an answer. I'm still struggling with that myself, just over a month later.

The best you can do is remember the joy he brought to you, and know you brought him a better quality of life, where he was truly loved. He knew that.
Sugar Glider Passed Away

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Sugar Glider Passed Away