Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Vitakraft-Vitasmart pellets, yay or nay?
Food, Diet
Dec 11 2017
10:45:25 PM
So, before I continue. I will say that my Gliders have a staple I make for them, and they gey fresh fruits, veggies, and sometimes meat stuffs every single night.

So I understand the pellets are not a necessity. I just like to have dry pellets in the cage with them so if they want a snack during the day - it's there.

However, the only brand I'm finding in petstores is this Vitakraft - Vitasmart Complete Nutrition.

I've been using it for awhile, and it does what it needs to for the most part. Gliders will occasionally pick at it if they're feeling finicky.

However, I've heard rumors among other Glider parents that this stuff is garbage?
I read the back of it and I'll admit I'm skeptical. I'm curious to see this community's thoughts on such a product.
Yay or nay?
Should I keep this, or shall I look for another form of pellet as a "snacky" item in cage?

-Ithilding, Giliath, & Treemommy
Food, Diet
Dec 12 2017
12:39:01 AM
TwinArmageddons Joey 10 Posts
I’ve used this with my gliders, my first one never touched it, but my two boys will eat it during the day. Thought I have to say i’m Curious myself about whether or not this is the best option, but most places I’ve checked, exotics and all, sell the same thing.
Food, Diet
Dec 12 2017
05:27:58 PM
kidqwik Joey Visit kidqwik's Photo Album 47 Posts
I'd recommend Happy Glider pellets as a daytime pellet not to replace their evening staple and fruit/veggies for a daytime food in case they wake up and are hungry. They are sold by Pet-Pro. Mine won't touch the Chicken Breeder ones at all but are fans of the Fruity Flavor, Global, and Honey Nectar(this one you have to call them and order).
Food, Diet
Dec 12 2017
05:58:51 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I used happy glider also, order online.
I wouldn't use vitakraft unless I could find someone I trusted to back
it up as a good pellet.

Happy glider looks more like a cereal, looks and feels much softer then the
vitakraft pellet. It is recommended by several websites and companies and by a few long time owners on websites.
Food, Diet
Dec 18 2017
08:22:11 PM
Raidernation81 Joey Visit Raidernation81's Photo Album 18 Posts
I tried Vitakraft as well as that’s all the pet store had when I purchased my glider he barely ate any of it. Switched to happy glider as that’s what the breeder was feeding him and he eats it with no issues. I also leave fresh fruits,vegetables and occasionally meats in there nightly.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders