Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food questions
Food questions
Food, Diet
Jan 07 2018
07:41:03 PM
So I have been seeing some mixed things about diets on the internet. So I'm feeding my glider the leadbeaters recipe from the gliderkids website which calls for 1 tsp of calcium someone told me to add an additional 1/8th of a tsp since I am using reptile calcium that is the only difference from the original bml diet. It said on the gliderkids website I could feed any fruit or veggie each night, but now I see there is a strict list with the bml diet? My vet also told me to use a pellet diet with it, but I also see online your not suppose to. Any help would be appreciated. I'm just confused because I see so many different things.
Food, Diet
Jan 07 2018
10:18:00 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
The pellet diet is more so to leave in their cage during the day for them to snack on if they get hungry. As for fruits and veggies they can eat any of them. You just have to make sure there aren’t seeds in it or the pits in them. Nothing artificially flavored, fried, processed or anything high in fat or sugar. They also need mealworms, or wax worms, some people do crickets, it’s a good form of protein and also a great treat for them.
Food, Diet
Jan 09 2018
02:20:37 PM
DelightfullyMad Joey Visit DelightfullyMad's Photo Album 45 Posts
She does get mealworms and loves them lol. Thanks for the info I will keep feeding her both foods then. Should I still do the 1tsp of calcium in her bml or 2?
Food questions

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Food questions