GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I have 1 leu male and one grey female sugar glider without lineag
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 09 2018
11:36:14 AM
My leu male is 14 weeks out of pouch. And my female grey is 6 months
They are now in the same cage , and I’m afraid they will breed , and I have no lineage on her , so what do I do , if they have babies that’s good , and I will not sell them , but I just want too make sure it will be ok !
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Jan 15 2018
01:51:30 PM
Summernicole Super Glider Visit Summernicole's Photo Album OK, USA 251 Posts
They definitely will breed! If you don't have lineage on them, it is best to get him neutered. Since she has no history, there's no way to know if she came from good lines or or if she's related to him. Gliders are shipped all over the US every day, and one pair can have lots of different colors! So him being a Leu or from a different home doesn't mean they aren't closely related. It won't be easy to sell the babies to good homes if they don't have lineage, and I know you said you wanted to keep them all, but if you had any boys, dad would fight with them, and if you had any girls, dad would breed with his daughters. Neither gender of baby would be safe, so you would have to get a separate cage for them. If they only had one girl, you'd have to buy another girl to keep her company in her cage. If they had a boy, you'd have to get him neutered and get another neutered boy to keep him company.

Your male really needs to be neutered :)
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Feb 07 2018
05:17:47 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
Luckily our dad hasn’t fought with any of his boys and he has 3 sons. So it depends on the glider in that scenario. Only one brother tries to fight the youngest brother in a show for dominance but that’s our only issue. They’ll all be fixed soon though. I’d have to agree to get your male fixed, if your girl does have bad lineage it could cause Joey rejections or if the Joey is sick there’s a high probability she or him would eat the Joey as horrid as it is they do that if they Joey is too sick to save, already dead, or deformed.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders