Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
can’t cut crabbing gliders nails
Health related
Jan 09 2018
12:02:54 PM
so i’ve is my sugar glider for nearly 4 years, still can’t successfully cut her nails, too scared i’m going to break her arms and she bites anyways, so it’s way worse when cutting nails.... any tips?
Health related
Jan 09 2018
03:21:41 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
There’s this video on YouTube where they put her in a pouch and throw a bunch of treats it it then pulls one leg out at a time while she’s eating. That’s how we are doing it to one of ours who is the same way when it comes to clipping nails, it’s working so far.
Health related
Jan 09 2018
04:20:54 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
Do not feel bad. I am in the same boat.

I have watched numerous videos showing how they cut it but I've noticed that in each video, the animal is biting, crabbing, or abundantly moving around.

I have the Silent Wheel with the sandpaper and most recently a trimmer from Pocket Pets.

I am doing better with the trimmer and I can usually get 1 paw down before I get them so nervous that I get nervous. Even Serena, my biter, was happy chewing on a dried chicken neck that she didn't mind.

I think the key is to find something that works for you (pet trimmer in my case), something that can keep them occupied (dried chicken neck), and patience with courage.

I say the latter as I more confident last night doing the nails and more calmer that the girls were getting too aggitated (I stopped and put them back in the cage if I felt they were getting stressed out)

You got this
Health related
Jan 10 2018
02:33:50 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by zackmerritt333

so i’ve is my sugar glider for nearly 4 years, still can’t successfully cut her nails, too scared i’m going to break her arms and she bites anyways, so it’s way worse when cutting nails.... any tips?

www.sugarglider.com/glidergossip/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=60221

this posting I made some comments about cutting nails posted videos.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders