Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Can I train him to stop biting me?
Behavior
Jan 12 2018
05:48:05 PM
My male Rico is more strongly bonded to me than my female and loves to be on me. I love it as well except for the fact that he seems to get overly excited and bite certain parts of my body. Always the back of my shoulders, sometimes back of hand, armpit or legs. Sometimes I see him rubbing his body up and down me while biting. Is he marking me, over excited or hungry? It is never aggressive but I still want it to stop. I want to trust him in my shirt without being nervous.
Behavior
Jan 12 2018
07:45:42 PM
sofiedigital Starting Member Visit sofiedigital's Photo Album 7 Posts
I believe he might be doing what he considers "grooming" you... mine did not begin to do that to me UNTIL AFTER they were acclimated to me handling them and stuff... I don't know how to stop it... but I do know he is trying to scent mark you by rubbing his head on you, making sure everyone knows you're on his team lol
Behavior
Jan 14 2018
04:24:05 PM
Riconlilomommy Joey Visit Riconlilomommy's Photo Album DE, USA 35 Posts
Thank you, that is comforting and makes the little nips well worth it. He keeps trying to go in my bra, but I won't let him because I'm terrified of him getting in there and "grooming me". That would be very painful but I don't want to stop any possible progress with the bonding.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders