Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Female Gliders not getting along after YEARS together... frustrated
Health related
Jan 12 2018
06:57:13 PM
Hi everyone, I beg for your expertise!!! I have a colony of 5 since 2014. I inherited a mating pair, with the intention of neutering the male (by laser) right away so that the female could be free of breeding (I took them in from a person who just let them make babies for years just to sell and I wanted to stop that). Well I fixed Charlie (Male), but Alice(Female) had dropped NOT one, NOT two, but THREE babies over the next few months. So for anyone who didn't know if it was true that female gliders can store sperm to use when they're ready for a while, I'm confirming it, it happens. I went from 2 to 5 in less then a year and they were one big happy family; a father, mother and 2 male joeys and a female. They used to be in a cage that was 4 ft wide, 24 inches deep, and 22 inches wide. I recently built them a HUGE pvc cage, that is 8 ft high,with the same depth and width as the old one. The vet that checked them out said they were all healthy. I feed them fresh fruits EVERYDAY. They have 2 silent spinner wheels (supposed to be one of the safest types of wheels). I have 2 hard food dispensers at different levels of the cage and separate water too. 3 nests. I feed them fruit on every level of the cage (there are 4 levels) so that there is some for all of them. But ever since going into the big cage, Minnie (my female joey, who is now a three year old adult female glider) has become territorial and VERY AGGRESSIVE, not attacking over food, but over eye contact from across the cage!! I didn't notice any real violent behavior until last night when I noticed some tail nipping during a crabbing stand-off. Minnie is seeking out Alice at times, going all the way to the nest she is in just to be fresh. Just wondering if anyone has any advice as to what is going on between them...

Edited by - sofiedigital on Jan 12 2018 07:00:38 PM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders