Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Toys, accessories, and things
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 18 2018
01:40:58 AM
- I have been searching all over the place for DIY toys and things like that but haven't really found any other than the toy bin and a few others. At the moment I'm just kind of looking for some ideas of toys to make for my little babies. If you have any ideas please tell them to me! I would appreciate it immensely.

- I'm also in search of some good cage sets. I have been looking around on Etsy and have found some that seem great, I just wanted to check for any recommendations for really great shops or something.

- Lastly, I am in search of a new nicer cage, I have one now and it is fine, I'm just wanting a better one? Does anyone know of some cheap places for some nice cages?

Thanks for all the help, I know this is kind of all over the place, I appreciate it though!
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 19 2018
10:19:38 AM
Riconlilomommy Joey Visit Riconlilomommy's Photo Album DE, USA 35 Posts
I have made a perch from bending a wire hanger into a small circle then tie small fleece strips all around the wire. You can also make some hanging toys with beads and plastic straws hung from a toy like a baby rattle. Another favorite is a wiffle ball stuffed with fleece strips.
Default, miscellaneous
Jan 19 2018
12:30:20 PM
ptamom Glider Visit ptamom's Photo Album 145 Posts
I looked on various websites for ideas for toys and then went to the dollar store and bought what others had suggested (pom poms, army men, etc)

Etsy has people selling toys and supplies (chains, hooks) but I bought most of mine from Ebay.

Default, miscellaneous
Jan 20 2018
08:44:16 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
I'm so sorry I can't add much now, so limmited on my tablet and with time. Photobucket made it impossible for me to share photos, have a slew of homemade toys. Not tutorials, but you can see what was used and how. You can see some more recent ones I've made along with some I purchased from vendors and various stores I some of my YouTube vids. I'm not linking anything, but if you search my name Terry Jones on YouTube, you may see some of what I use in cage.

For toy making supplies, there are some good vendor sites that sell them, (plastic chains, links, charms, bases, whatnots). You can also search various dollar stores, pet stores (carefully) and crafting stores or isles in various department stores.

Rex Lace
Pony beads
Silk flowers, leaves, plastic flowers/leaves, be careful no wire, glitter or glue
Drinking straws, use pencil sharpener to spiral
Zip ties, careful to file down roug, cut edges
Fleece, cut in strips (large long strips can be braided and be used in various ways, smaller strips can be tucked into mesh or whiffle balls or just used in play boxes/bins)
Plastic hardware mesh, like used in glider safe wheels
Whiffle balls, the holes can be utilized to do a wonder of toy possibilities
I'm sure I'm forgetting some things, but those are a good start.

EN sometimes has good sales or coupon codes, good for cages. Sun coast Gliders also has decent cages, among some other vendors.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders