Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat
What's good about sugar gliders?
Question
Jan 26 2018
09:11:50 PM
Hi everyone, I've been considering getting myself some sugar gliders in a few years (not in a place atm to properly care for them so I'm just learning as much as I can in the meantime) and I know I've fallen head over heels for them and amidst my research and talking to different breeders everyone always seems to only mention the negatives of owning them. I understand why of course they are a big commitment and definitely not for everyone, but from your own experience what are some of the positives of them? Thank you, I'd love to hear everyone's stories.
Question
Feb 07 2018
07:00:46 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
We have 10 and I absolutely love their individual personalities. Elysia is our mama, she takes care of everyone. Alexander is laid back he will sit on your shoulder for hours. Speedy is a fighter and a biter, he causes the most trouble. Arsenal is like his dad Alexander, laid back but still young with lots of energy, daredevil is explained by his name. He takes risks and goes hard during play time. Ivy is sweet and super cuddly. She will sleep with you all the time. Sweet dee is super cautious, she rarely leaves my body during play time and when she does she’s all over Arsenal. Charlie is fat, he hops, I’ve seen him glide only a few times, he’s funny. Our two new ones, drusilla and fluffy. Drusilla has been shy but she recently opened up, she’s bigger than all the other girls but super loving and very excited to be in a colony. Fluffy loves humans, but he’s having a hard time bonding with other gliders. He doesn’t like them grabbing him or touching him. Also, bonding is the most beautiful process. You get to see their personality slowly pop out, during play time you’ll get to see their silly gliding fails and the most amazing success of gliding. Daredevil is blind due to cataracts in both eyes and his glides are honestly the most amazing. Even in his circumstances he still manages to sometimes glide to his target! Like you said people only mention the negatives first because of the high maintenance but once you and them get into a routine it is absolutely perfect! Also make sure to get at Least 2 that are already bonded, if that’s not possible then I have a post on introductions that has helped me with all of our new gliders!

Edited by - Tabbie on Feb 07 2018 07:04:22 PM
Question
Feb 07 2018
07:06:58 PM
And if you can, find rescues. Give them a forever home they deserve! I’ve found 2 on here then 2 others for free just due to various living situations where things didn’t work out. Those gliders need the most love and watching them improve is an amazing feeling.
Question
Feb 07 2018
07:12:09 PM
Plus, all the silly noises. I’ve learned to know angry crabbing versus you’re annoying me crabbing, then when they talk to eachother between cages. My ultimate favorite is during intros and they decide to like eachother it’s like a snakes hiss then clicking noises. It’s beautiful. I could honestly go on constantly about gliders! If you ever have questions or anything feel free to message me for my number!
Question
Feb 08 2018
03:05:07 AM
Scoria Glider Visit Scoria's Photo Album Scoria's Journal 135 Posts
They love you a lot once they're bonded, and they have a lot of personality. They're cute and unique pets. They can be trained to come when called and do tricks. They live relatively long for pets their size. They will sleep in a pouch all day and you can carry them with you wherever you go. They will play with you.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
General Chat