Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New sugar glider bites
New sugar glider bites
Question
Jan 30 2018
08:55:07 PM
I have been a sugar mamma for almost 4 years now. I have a neutered male and had a female. Unfortunately, my female passed a month ago. I adopted 3 joeys to offer him cage mates, one female and two males. I have had them together for almost 3 weeks now. My female has been cautious of the older male for a few days now. Tonight I pulled her out of her cage, I noticed bite marks on her tail. I have isolated her to allow her to rest and heal. I am assuming my older neutered male is the one responsible for the bites. Is there any advice I can receive to prevent this from occurring?
Thank you in advance
Question
Jan 31 2018
01:24:49 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
sorry I dont have must to offer.
did you go thru the whole scent introduction process?
maybe you should try scent training again.

some introductions can fail. we went from 7 to 10 gliders, and one of the new females in the group of three was NOT accepted. she was chased into the upper corners of the cage at night, she would sleep with them fine, but at night several gliders would chase her away, so after a week we had to remove her from the colony.
Question
Feb 07 2018
06:08:47 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
I’d agree with BYK. It’s also difficult when it comes to younger gliders being introduced to older ones. Considering you’ve only had them for 3 weeks I’d suggest more scent switching before caging them together. We have had quick success in bonding gliders together then some like in BYKs case where there’s no choice but separation. Every glider is different. If worst comes to worse cage them in twos since he is getting along with the other males.
New sugar glider bites

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
New sugar glider bites