Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Adoption questionnaires and contracts
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Feb 07 2018
05:14:15 PM
So our mama might be pregnant again. We are planning on selling them, though I am putting together a questionnaire and contract for potential adopters. I just wanted the input from other glider parents on what you would put in the questionnaire? I already know the contract will list possible health concerns. And that if they can’t care for them or whatever reason they plan to give them up that they HAVE to be returned to us. We don’t want our babies hopping from home to home. It’s a work in progress, so any input on what I should put on either questionnaire or contract would be lovely! We also don’t plan on separating until the joeys are 10 months and they MUST go in pairs. I want it to be a strict contract and a thorough questionnaire.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 17 2018
10:47:22 AM
Jessie_Luna Joey 10 Posts
Well heres just a thought. I adopted my gliders from a seller in my local area that i found online, he seemed to have been in the business for quite a while and he knew how to make sure the gliders were in a loving home. His facebook page is “meet the pricks” (i think he specializes in hedgehogs) maybe you ask him or find another breeder in your area whos got expierience with this kind of matter, they should be able to help you find loving homes for your new joeys.
Joeys, birth, parenthood
Apr 17 2018
05:42:39 PM
eevee081717 Joey Canada 14 Posts
I know the questionnaire that I had to fill out for one of my girls included things like
What do you plan to feed?
Do you have other pets and will they be interacting with the glider?
What is the minimum cage size requirement?
List some of the diseases that gliders can get
What is over grooming and why does it happen?
Did I rent or own and if I rented were pets allowed?
Are gliders legal in your state/province?

They were really just testing my basic knowledge on glider care

The contract stipulated that the breeder had a right to request pictures/videos at any time to check up on the glider and like you said if for some reason I could no longer care for the glider that it be given back to the breeder. It also stated that the glider I was purchasing was for pet only, I was not to breed so if your gliders are just pets I would be sure to put that in the contract

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders