Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Tent time? 2nd glider ?
Tent time? 2nd glider ?
Question
Feb 08 2018
08:03:02 AM
I finally got space cleared up and home remodel nearly done so I have time and room to try tent time again. Tried the last 2 nights first night went good Pablo played a little climbed all over me then fell asleep in my hand. Last night not as well he climbed on me again, ran in his wheel for a minute or two but spent the rest of the time searching for his pouch and trying to use the sheet on the tent floor as a pouch (crawling under the sheet and trying to cover himself same with the corner of the sheet that was balled up. Is there a good time of the day to try tent time? Closer to wake up time? His normal wake up time is 10-11pm or is earlier in the evening a better idea 5-7pm?

Second question is a second glider so he has a friend should we go male or female? Im going to have Pablo neutered later this month. I contacted the pet store they will be getting more gliders in within the next month so I will be getting him a friend just not sure what sex.
Question
Feb 08 2018
09:15:27 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
If you get him neutered I’d I go with a female. Have you looked into introductions with new gliders?
Question
Feb 09 2018
12:11:04 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
As long as they are neutered I don't think the sex is a big deal.
we try to have playroom time about 9pm, so they will wake up and run and play.
to early and they could still be sleepy. I try to have a treat and something for them to explore so they stay awake. we have little kids toys, plastic boat, mailbox, etc.
But even with all that some of the glider just go back to sleep and are NOT interested in playtime.
Question
Feb 09 2018
09:27:01 AM
Raidernation81 Joey Visit Raidernation81's Photo Album 18 Posts
I take treats in the tent and have a second wheel, Tupperware full of Pom poms, a saucer wheel and a cat tree for him to climb on. I’ll try going around 9pm closer to his wake up time. The other nights were 6-7pm.
Question
Feb 09 2018
11:50:39 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by Raidernation81

I take treats in the tent and have a second wheel, Tupperware full of Pom poms, a saucer wheel and a cat tree for him to climb on. I’ll try going around 9pm closer to his wake up time. The other nights were 6-7pm.

and not every playtime will work out the same, sometimes a few of ours just want to sleep, one or two seem to hide most of the time, then some run and play and explore.

Last time one of the least bonded climbed in my shirt with sophie, then when another came over and put their head in my shirt to see who was in there scarface had a fit, scary, I just said please don't bite, please don't bite!!
Tent time? 2nd glider ?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Tent time? 2nd glider ?