Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Any glider owners in Orlando Florida?
Health related
Feb 08 2018
06:57:10 PM
I am looking to get sugar gliders, specifically a pair of females, once we move into a new house sometime this year. The only thing my mom is worried about and I am curious about it their smell. We went to a breeder and it smelled bad but she said it’s because of how many were in her garage with 50+ gliders and 50+ hedgehogs in the 1 garage. So, if there are any owners who could email me at kylemoressi@gmail.com, and could talk about me and my mom visiting to see them and how they smell it would be great! Thank you
Health related
Feb 10 2018
04:34:50 AM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
I’m not located near you but females and neutered males smell less. We have 4 intact males and it doesn’t smell bad so long as we clean the cages once a week. And if you’re buying from a local breeder try to see if you can get the history of the parents before hand. With that many gliders in a garage I couldn’t imagine being able to have controlled breeding. Also look into the humane societies near you as well. Rescues are always great choices. Humane societies go through countless vet checks in order for any animal to be up for adoption.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders