Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Bonding pouch for 2 hour flight?
Question
Feb 13 2018
06:00:39 PM
Is it okay to use a bonding pouch with 2 female sugar gliders for a 2 hour flight, day or night?
Question
Feb 13 2018
08:06:42 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I used a zippered bonding pouch for my little one for a 4 hour flight and it worked like a charm. The only issue I had was that most airlines won't allow sugar gliders in the cabin of a plane (they insist on cargo). I registered my glider as an emotional support animal, thinking that would make a difference. But the airline still says sugar gliders aren't allowed in the cabin. So I decided to talk to TSA when I went through security. 3 times going through security and not a single issue. They were kind, helpful, and intrigued by this little creature. There are different options for going through: body scanner, old fashioned metal detector, or manual pat down (intrusive, but they were very respectful). Afterwards, I happily walked onto the plane, clutching my baby.

A few tips that might help:
1. Give your gliders a chance to poop and pee before the flight. Most airports have single (family) restrooms which make it easier to keep gliders contained.
2. A slice of apple inside their pouch gives them some nourishment and liquid during the flight.
3. Flying during the day might be a little easier on them since they're usually napping during this time.

Wishing you all the best and safe travels!
Question
Feb 14 2018
12:41:36 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would be a little worried about night time, they might not like the pouch during awake time, but its only 2 hours.
day time ours would sleep probably.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders