Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Hair loss (not from male scent gland)
Health related
Feb 14 2018
01:50:07 PM
My boy has been neutered and is about 7 years old with no hair loss on his body. Recently, I went over to trim some glider's nails for a friend and her male has two large bald spots above his eyes (not in the center where the gland would be). He has had them for as long as she can remember, and is about 7 years old as well.
I handled him and then washed my hands and took a shower before handling my own boy again.
Probably around two weeks later, my little man is now going bald in the same two spots directly above the eyes! I have a vet appointment in two days, but was hoping someone here had the same issue and solved it at some point.
(Nutrition has not changed. The cage set up did change, but he took to it well and is already climbing on the new objects which are plastic baby links and a plastic mini tire which is a dog toy. It doesn't appear like he has anxiety from the change)
Health related
Feb 16 2018
06:59:19 PM
Tabbie Glider Visit Tabbie's Photo Album 64 Posts
I’ve only ever seen that due to stress or depression they’ll overgroom. I’m interested in what your vet says, I’d love to be updated.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders