Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Looking to adopt in MN
Looking to adopt in MN
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 19 2018
04:37:27 PM
Hello! I'm new to the forum but I didn't see any rules against requesting to adopt in this area :) I am looking to adopt in the Minnesota area. Our local pet store has some babies for sale but I thought I would check to see if anyone needed homes here first.

Thank you! :)
Default, miscellaneous
Feb 21 2018
05:31:17 PM
hankdanger Starting Member 0 Posts
Hi! I have a bonded breeding pair, not sure about male exact type, but the female is a white face (and grey); I also have 3 brothers, all from these parents, and 2 are bonded, one is barely OOP, but in a couple months he will move cages and live with his brothers.

I have just begun looking for a potential new home for them... money will not be a factor as I am not looking to "sell" them, so I won't need money in return, just a promise of a caring, loving, responsible home. it really breaks my heart, but my husband and I are moving and living off-grid for a while. Five sugar gliders in a camper is just too much (especially with all those males!) and I just couldn't break up the bonded pairs.

The location they go to is not an issue for us, as we will travel anywhere in the country to find them an amazing new home. My daddy (Buzz) is three years old (have had him since he was a baby), the mama (Lilly) is about two and a half, and the two brothers (Peanut and Cashew, the newest little one is Pistachio :) are maybe like six and nine months (I will have to check for exact).

Like I said, I have just started looking, but it seems like more need homes than there are people that are looking to expand their colony, so I thought I would give you a shout to see what/when you are thinking about growing your little glider family.

Christina
Default, miscellaneous
Mar 12 2018
07:56:55 PM
Mat0 Starting Member 3 Posts
Hi hankdanger,

My wife an I have had suggies for nearly a decade. We currently have 2 males and 1 female. 1 of the males is not neutered, so he is in a separate cage. He recently lost his cage-mate, and I have been looking to get him a new friend. He is weathering being alone OK, I spend a little more time with him so he doesnt get too lonely, but I can tell he is getting depressed.
If you are still looking for homes for your little guys, I would love to adopt one. Or, if you want to keep them all together, I can do that, too. There was a time when we had 7 or 8 at once, when we allowed Jak and Isabell to be in the same cage. I live in a suburb just north of Minneapolis. I am willing to meet you partway, if that helps.
Thank you.

-Mat
Looking to adopt in MN

GliderGossip GliderGossip
My pet needs a new home
Looking to adopt in MN