Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
When to separate gliders?
Health related
Mar 03 2018
11:46:45 AM
Any advise would be greatly appreciated. My girls aren't getting along.I've had ava for 7 weeks. She came from a home with mom dad and a sister. I was afraid of her getting depressed although she showed no signs of this as we spend alot of time together. So I got her a partner named Fifi so she didn't get lonely while I'm at school or work. Fifi was a lone glider when I got her. Ava is significantly smaller than Fifi. I got Fifi about 5-6 weeks ago. Introductions where rough at first using pouches in the tub.We took the pouches out and had a sweet introduction! After awhile I notice they get annoyed of eachother though. So it's been about a week since I got them a nice new big cage.Sometimes Ava will bark at night till i come get her. Hissing at night has gone on for while and I didn't really think anything of it as I thought they where just talking. Lately they bicker and chirp more but it sounds aggressive like it's going to break out in a fight so I usually get up right away with one and play with them seperatly until they calm down. When eating FiFi grabs Avas hands AND BITES THEM?! This scares me as an exotic vet is not close by. Ava prefers to be snuggled up with momma than in the cage with FiFi, almost like she wants to get away from her. Fifi is really hyper where as Ava is pretty chill and almost looks scared or intimidated by her. During the day they cuddle and sleep together in the same pouch. They drink from the same dropper. I have seen them groom eachother before. I just don't know if I'm being over protective and I should let them work it out or if there is something I should be doing for my babies?Should I separate them or will that cause more stress? I would be so heart broken should something happen to them. Any advise or experience on this would be a great help.

Edited by - BlueTiger2000 on Mar 03 2018 11:55:58 AM
Health related
Mar 03 2018
07:46:52 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
How much pre-intro did you do? Sometimes it takes some time for them to establish roles. Mobutu it's could to be cautious.

Try offering two separate feeding stations, one high and on low, and best if not in view of the other. This can help where food aggression is concerned, and could help other issues as well. Offer the 2 feeding stations with the exact same food, then watch and listen carefully as they interact with each other.
Health related
Mar 03 2018
08:23:31 PM
BlueTiger2000 Starting Member 5 Posts
Thank you!
Health related
Mar 03 2018
10:01:02 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
You are welcome. Please keep us posted.

GliderGossip GliderGossip