Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Is he having a stroke or seizure?
Question
Mar 13 2018
10:35:37 PM
Our little guy Blaze has had an issue the last two times out of his cage. He's all playful ready to get out but once out it looks like he's choking and then a clear fluid starts coming out of his mouth and his body collapses and he sits like that for 10-15 minutes then it's as if nothing ever happened. Back to running on his wheel and playing with the toys. Anyone seen this or know what it could be from?
Question
Mar 13 2018
11:16:24 PM
eevee081717 Joey Canada 14 Posts
I've never seen it or heard of it but I highly suggest a vet visit as quick as you can. It's defiantly not normal and needs to be looked at by a professional
Question
Mar 14 2018
01:24:07 AM
Cards2018 Starting Member 2 Posts
quote:
Originally posted by eevee081717

I've never seen it or heard of it but I highly suggest a vet visit as quick as you can. It's defiantly not normal and needs to be looked at by a professional

I'll be doing a search tomorrow for a vet in my area that has experience with sugargliders. I'll post up what I find out.
Question
Mar 14 2018
08:30:03 AM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
sounds like a evironmental/over stimulated seizure, I'd talk to Sherri Lamb and go over the symptoms with her she has one that has seizures when out of the cage and has the most experience with them that I know of.

you can contact her here, she's super nice
https://www.facebook.com/sherri.saarinenlamb

Edited by - Leela on Mar 14 2018 08:31:37 AM

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders