GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Nibbling/Biting me?
Nibbling/Biting me?
Question
Mar 25 2018
09:26:13 PM
Hello everyone!
I have been researching sugar gliders for a year or two and just recently brought two young girls home. I live about 30 minutes away from The Per Glider, run by Priscilla Price, and this is where they came from. They have adjusted quite well and will eat treats from my hand. They're still skittish, but they have been eating well and are not completely terrified of me. The only thing I'm worried about is this strange behavior I've noticed. They try to bite me whenever my hands are near them. Not in a defensive way, but they will come up to my hand, sniff it, and then start biting it like they are trying to eat me! At first I thought it was funny, but it has persisted for a few days and I do not know what to do about it.

For more information on the girls,
They're being fed TPG diet, they have a nice cage set, two sleeping pouches, and a few toys. They're in a Brisbane cage with a shelf beneath it. They have a raptor wheel as well. They have been getting along pretty well, they are adjusting of course, but they are good together.

If I can figure out how to attach pictures, I will sometime.

Thank you!
Question
Mar 27 2018
09:07:17 AM
SugarSlave566 Joey 15 Posts
When I first got my two gliders from The Pet Glider they often would sniff my fingers then start biting too. What I did to stop this was just keeping my hands away from their faces while near them so they didn't develop a habit of biting me. Also I would just let them sniff my fingers from behind the bars of the cage. Of course I still interacted with them but I moved my hand away before they got the chance too nibble. It has been about four months since I've had my gliders and they only nibble softly when my hands smell like treats or lick me. Hope this helps.
Nibbling/Biting me?

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Nibbling/Biting me?