GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
Ollie, I didn't mean for Skadoosh to die
Memorial, Passing, Remembrance
Mar 26 2018
05:00:10 PM
https://www.flickr.com/gp/151292129@N02/MTx40z

After spending the night in the hospital with them trying to stabilize her, Skadoosh's condition worsened rapidly. During the second phone call from the vets, and a seconds Dr's opinion on her condition, I made the difficult decision that had to be made. My darling Skadoosh was euthanized and hurried next to Lulu in the garden.
Mar 26 2018
05:29:46 PM
Kferg Face Hugger Visit Kferg's Photo Album 624 Posts
I'm so, so sorry. You gave Skadoosh and Lulu a safe and loving home, and they were both lucky to have you.
Mar 26 2018
07:14:09 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
I'm so very sorry I know how difficult making that choice is and thank you for giving Skadoosh that final gift.

It's a gift because It is truly one of the most selfless things we can do for our babies at the time when we desperately want to be selfish with and hold onto them the most.

Your babies had ( and still have ) a good life with you, you gave them a secure home filled with love what lucky babies they are to have you!!

Mar 26 2018
07:30:14 PM
Tiakristin3 Face Hugger Visit Tiakristin3's Photo Album 412 Posts
I am heartbroken reading this news and so sorry for what you have been (and are) going through. Praying for you that you will feel peace and comfort in the coming days and weeks. Kferg and Leela are absolutely right! You did everything you could, and gave her so much love and care. I have no doubt she felt that. I can't imagine how difficult a decision it was to have her euthanized but ultimately the most loving and caring thing you can do for a precious pet that is suffering.
Anyone reading your posts knows how devoted you are to your babies. Please take care and know that many people here are thinking of you!
Mar 26 2018
07:36:09 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Thank you all, I'm really struggling with the next steps. I'm keeping close eye on my Ollie boy, out of the three, he's the least bonded to me. Maybe some one-on-one time will change that.
Mar 26 2018
08:11:59 PM
Leela Goofy Gorillatoes Gliderpedia Editor Visit Leela's Photo Album Leela's Journal 2919 Posts
Please don't feel rushed or let anyone pressure you to make any decisions about Ollie until you are ready to.

One on one time will surely help with his level of bonding and will help you through the grieving as well even if it doesn't seem so right now.

One of the hardest things for me after I lose one is going to the cage to spend time and tend to surviving gliders. It's rough the first couple of days to say the least knowing there is one missing, something as simple as making food plates can bring on another round of tears and wrench on your heart a little more.

Until I feel guilty and finally get them out and they are in my lap looking up at me, climbing up onto me making me smile and giggle at their antics, they know your sad and want to be with you and make it better and they do make it better and remind you they are still there and they still need you too.

Mar 26 2018
09:38:29 PM
TJones09 Goofy Gorillatoes Visit TJones09's Photo Album 3524 Posts
Thank you Leela, your words are true. It was this way with the loss of Lulu, and now Skadoosh. Now Ollie needs me more than ever, even if he doesn't know it yet. Ollie wanted to come out of cage, something that hadn't happened since Skadoosh's illness. Anyway, sadly it appeared he was searching for Skadoosh on the playground. He's back in the cage now, I get to sleep in my room tonight, so he'll see me from the cage. Tomorrow night I'm on duty with my mom (alternating nights). I'm still sick, so trying to get rest, I had a full day, I cleaned the cage before picking up Skadoosh. I had to take off work for tomorrow to help rest up some, back to work on Wednesday.

I didn't get to clean the playground today, he probably smelled her up there. I also put their stinky fleece hedge hog inside the pouch. I'm sleeping with two fleece blankies tonight, will place one in his sleeping pouch tomorrow morning.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders