Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
sugar glider hisses when put in cage,
Question
Mar 29 2018
06:25:15 PM
hello i hope everyone’s having a good day! for the past two days i’ve been bonding with my sugar glider and things are going well so far but i noticed after we’re done bonding and i put him back in his cage he will hiss and if ignore his hissing he will bark when it first happened i immediately went back in and took him out to see if there’s something wrong but there isn’t? someone said it could be that he wasn’t satisfied and wants more bonding/play time but he literally goes to sleep at like 9am-12pm in the morning and i have college so i can’t stay up all night with him also getting him a partner isn’t an option considering he killed the last partner he had (according to his old owner) is there anything i can do? his hissing and barking breaks my heart it sounds so sad but i can’t stay and play with him at like 2 am :(
Question
Mar 29 2018
10:34:55 PM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
I would work on his cage some. add in small cups with a few treats in some of them, so he has to search for a treat. (we use shopkins plastic baskets, but they are harder to find these days.) Or a few plastic easter eggs with a treat inside.
I put a wiffle ball full of fleece strings they can pull out, this doesnt work with all gliders.

I read they like to untie knots, put a string of fleece hanging in cage with a few knots, see if he takes the knots out.

We get baby toys at goodwill. small boat is cupcakes hide out, a small mailbox is the cool nighttime hangout.
i
And of course you have a good running wheel I hope?? cruiser, raptor, and my new favorite is the one piece AtticWorx FREEDOM WHEEL.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders