Register Register New Posts Active Topics | Search Search | FAQ FAQ

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders
I’m not sure if I’m doing this right?
Health related
Mar 30 2018
01:01:30 PM
So I have just recently gotten my sugar glider and I’m starting to notice she has a few matts on her back. I’ve read a few forums and some things are freaking my out. I don’t think she is sick. It could be because she’s lonely which I am looking into getting her a cage mate and it also could be because I’m still learning about their dietary needs. I hope someone can shed light on this. I have a wellness vet check for her tomorrow hopefully there is nothing wrong besides dietary issues and maybe loneliness. I’ve researched these guys for years before I got one and the only reason I didn’t get a pair was because I wanted to make sure I was able to take care of one first before I brought another into the picture. I hope I’m not doing anything wrong. Any tips or pointers on helping with loneliness I till I get her a brother? Also tips on dietary stuff. She’s not a fan of some many things it’s seems like. I just looked up this recipe that I made her today so hopefully that will help and also I wanted to know why you guys thought about vitamins. Does everyone use them? Should I get some? Do that have to have vitamins? I’ll order some ASAP if that’s the case. But the girl I got Ophelia from told me vitamins sometimes can do more harm then good.

PLEASE HELP!

Health related
Mar 31 2018
06:15:37 AM
BYK_Chainsaw Fuzzy Wuzzy Visit BYK_Chainsaw's Photo Album BYK_Chainsaw's Journal USA 1301 Posts
my thoughts.

A good diet will have the needed vitamins in it, or the vitamins will be mixed in. the sprinkle on top method is very inaccurate. And does the glider eat it or eat around it?
I feed Ohpw with veggies and fruits, no vitamins added.

Give your glider attention, don't worry about a cage mate so soon, take time to learn your glider and for him/her to bond with you.

a vet visit sounds great. ask lots of questions.

Our gliders did not eat the fruits and veggies when first switched their diets. some of them took weeks/MONTHS to start eating it. they still don't eat many fruits. but peas, green beans, corn are all eaten most nights.

GliderGossip GliderGossip
Sugar Gliders